M de Mas Igneus-masigneus

M de Mas Igneus

27,61

M de Mas Igneus is inspired by one of my sons, Matteo. A fruit of nature that gives it name and meaning. A wine that represents the strength of young people, with their clean and balanced experience, coming from nature as a unique and exceptional gift.

Available on back-order

This red wine takes its name from MATTEO, the name of the son of Ornella and Jérôme, the owners of the vineyard. Obtained from the blending of international and national varieties. All of them selected and vinified in order of ripening, until the final blending. 65% (international varieties) is aged in French oak barrels to obtain the oxygen needed to polish the tannins and gain some more complex nuances. The other 35% (national varieties) in steel vat tanks to keep the fruit pureness of carignan and grenache.

Additional information

Weight 1 kg

Technical Sheet

Name and vintage: M de Mas Igneus 2019
Denomination of origin: DOQ PRIORAT.
Color: REDGrape
variety: 40% CABERNET FRANC 28% GRENACHE ROUGE 25% MERLOT 7% CARIGNAN
Alcoholic strength: 15 % pH 3,32
Total acidity: 4,12 g/l H2SO4
Residual sugar: 0,9 g/l
Bottling
date: April 2021
Yield: 26 hl/ha
Recommended temperature of consumption: 16 ºc
Harvest: Picked by hand
Type of yeast: SELECTED YEAST
Ageing: FRENCH OAK BARRELS
Type of soil: SLATE
Certification: ORGANIC FARMING

Pairing

It accompanies grilled meats, rice, pasta and all kinds of Mexican recipes.

The Somelier's Note

The notes of fresh leather, cooked prune, blackberry jam and blackcurrant emphasize the characteristics of the predominant grape varieties. The candied consistency of the attack offers a particularly kirschée tasting. In the middle of the mouth we find notes of candied fruit, black cherry, bitter orange peel and candied date.A delicately aniseed and licorice tannin accompanies the tasting until the silky and persistent finish.

Moments

Accompanied by a book:
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas.
The Shadow of the Wind: The Cemetery of Forgotten Books by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Accompanied by a series:
Sons of anarchy
Dexter

Best time to enjoy it:
A barbecue with friends, a picnic in the mountains, a spring afternoon or a relaxed dinner party

I

Sales

Jerôme

T. +34 607 937 298
jerome@masigneus.com

I

Winery

Cesc

T. +34 685 325 365
cesc@masigneus.com

I

Winmaker

Daniel

T. +34 676 293 435
daniel@masigneus.com

I

Administration

Ariadna

T. +34 644 001 395
ariadna@masigneus.com

Visit us

Ctra T-710 km 11.1 (de Falset a La Vilella Baixa)
43737 Gratallops
(Tarragona) Spain